Monday, July 26, 2010

My Project Update

Well, today I went to the biology labs to check out on my plants and guess what, my plants have grown quite nicely! I bet you must be thinking what is the big deal about my plants but let me tell you something. My plants are grown in MS medium contained in an agar plate. My plants seem quite tall and healthy, all ready for harvesting. I will then conduct some tests on them to determine the difference in Vitamin C and chlorophyll content. So far, I have successfully proved that plants inoculated with plant-beneficial fungi lead to augmented Vitamin C production. However, I have yet to do the same for chlorophyll. Doing so will definitely benefit people in the world with a lack of both Vitamin C and chlorophyll in their diet, both which are essential in our diet.

Here are some pictures of my plants

No comments:

Post a Comment